Bermuda triangle of leave laws, FMLA, ADA & Worker's compensation
Melissa Fleischer, Esq, is a sought-after employment law attorney and HR advisor, having utilized her 20 years of law practice experience specializing in employment discrimination litigation to form HR Learning Center LLC, an HR consulting firm that specializes in providing workplace solutions to employers on a wide range of legal and human resource management issues. Ms.
There is no webinar video currently available. Please check back soon.
For HR professionals, one of the most difficult things is keeping up to date with ever-changing laws, and understanding what they mean. Leave laws are a repeat offender. Attend this webinar to thoroughly understand the leave laws, so you can navigate through them, and stay in compliance.
The leave laws are a sort of Bermuda Triangle, because of how complicated they are. In addition, they are also legalistic and difficult to apply. Things go even more downhill when worker’s compensation is thrown into the equation as well. If you are an HR professional, you need to be familiar with what they state, and understand them properly.
During this webinar, our expert speaker will walk you through the subject of leave laws – including the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, and Worker’s Compensation – and help you understand everything about it, so you can perform your duties well.
Our speaker will explain the subject thoroughly, covering concepts such as “Serious Health Condition” (under the ADA) and what it means, who a “qualified individual with a disability” is, and what “reasonable accommodation” entails. She will also provide answers to questions such as: when is a worker entitled to worker’s compensation, and how does it work when an employee is out on FMLA? What is light duty, and how does it fit into all this?
Other important subjects covered during the webinar include navigating through leave laws, counting the 12 month period for FMLA purposes, state law requirements with regard to worker’s comp insurance, the definition of “disability” as per the ADA, and whether a work-related injury classifies as a “serious health condition”.
All webinar attendees will be provided handouts which will help them remember and make the most of the training which they have received
• Learn how to navigate through the Bermuda Triangle of leave laws
• Learn how to count the 12 month period for FMLA purposes
• Find out whether a work-related injury is a “serious health condition”
• Learn what counts as a “disability” according to the FDA
• Learn whether an employer must provide additional leave, even after FMLA as a reasonable accommodation under the ADA
• Find out what state laws require, with regard to worker’s comp insurance
• Learn what qualifies as a “serious health condition” under the ADA
• Learn who is a “qualified individual with a disability”, and more
Who will benefit
The following people will benefit from, and should therefore attend this webinar:
• Human Resource Professionals
• Human Resource Managers
• VP of Human Resources
• Business Owners (including small business owners)