Bombs, Suspicious Packages & Active Shooters
Pro Skill Educator is a leading online training & learning platform for professionals and organizations in HR & Payroll, Education and technology sectors. We specialize in webinars, DVDs and e-transcript designed to enhance knowledge, improve skills, stay updated with current industry best practices, and boost profitability.
There is no webinar video currently available. Please check back soon.
Learn How to Respond To Bomb Threats, Suspicious Packages and Active Shooters at Your Workplace. Understand the Role of Your Police and Fire Departments in your Planning, Training and Drills.
NYC gets 100 threats communicated every day on average. Six of those will result in deployment of the NYPD bomb squad-every day-mostly to workplaces, not to your apartment. Maybe you're not NYC, but threats from bombs and suspicious packages are constant and foreseeable emergencies for your workplace and your surroundings anywhere in America. Active Shooters are four times more frequent in the last two years than in the five years before.
You have a duty of care to plan and train all your employees regarding your response. Frequent examples of employer responses that are dangerous: employees who discover then pick-up/transport the suspicious package to your office! The knee-jerk evacuation of your building will result in sending your people towards the emergency to get them hurt or killed – unarmed employees who confront Active Shooters.
• Understanding the employer's responsibility under law
• Learn the Best practices when dealing with these threats
• How should you, as the employer distinguish the hoax from the real?
• What are your command, control and communications issues response to these threats?
• Decide which employees to train and how to train them
• The role of police and fire departments in your planning, training and drills
Who should purchase
• Managers, Supervisors
• Law enforcement officers
• Top Management
• HR Directors and other Human Resource professionals
• Emergency Prep Coordinators and Safety & diversity management professionals
• Threat Assessment Teams
• Anyone involved in the development or implementation of a workplace violence prevention policy
• Anyone who is interested in learning how to identify, prevent, defuse or resolve violence in the workplace