Business Intelligence with Power Pivot and Power Query
Mike Thomas has 27 years experience in corporate IT training, working with and for organizations across a diverse range of industries including pharmaceutical, healthcare, legal, retail and public sector. He designs and delivers face-to-face, virtual, written and video-based training and provides IT support to users. Mike’s key technical skills include Microsoft Office, Lync, SharePoint, VBA development and database development.
There is no webinar video currently available. Please check back soon.
Do you work with "Big Data"? Do you import, manipulate and analyze massive datasets in Excel? If so you’ll already be familiar with the limitations of Excel. Power Pivot and Power Query, two free addins for Excel, are designed to get you past these limitations, allowing you to import and work with 1-million-plus-row datasets from virtually any source.
Power Query can save you a ton of time when working with imported data. In many cases when you get data from external sources, it needs work on it before it can be used. Although this can be done using Excel functionality, Power Query is a lot faster, can handle much more data, and is repeatable with a couple of clicks. Power Query (which is built in and named ‘Get and Transform’ on Excel 2016) can save you a lot of time when working with imported data. Often, when data is imported from external sources, it needs work on it, before it can be used. Unnecessary rows and columns may need to be removed, blank spaces may need to be deleted, and data may have to be merged or split. All of this can be done on Excel, but with Power Query, things move a lot faster. It can also handle much more data, and you can save query definitions on it to increase ease of usage in the future.
- Learn how to install Power Pivot to your devices
- Learn about Data Models
- Find out how to create relationships in Power Pivot
- Find out how to import data into excel from external sources
- Learn about DAX formulas
- Learn about Power Query’s data sources
- Learn how to clean, transform, merge and unpivot data in Excel
Why should you attend
If you work with, analyze and generate reports from large datasets, having a good understanding and working knowledge of Power Query / Get and Transform is a must!
Who will benefit
- Users of Microsoft Excel
- Users of Excel who want to learn about Power Pivot and Power Query
- People with an intermediate level of knowledge about Excel
What You Get
- Training Materials - Sample Excel workbook, Presentation Slides
- Live Q&A Session with the Speaker
- Participation Certificate
- Earn 100 Loyalty points with every booking. You can redeem one live webinar with 300 loyalty points.
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker
1. For Live webinar attendee, you can find webinar joining details at user dashboard. (Create an account)
2. Live webinar attendees can download the participation certificate & credit points from dashboard after approval.
3. For Web download - You can download recorded video & handouts from user dashboard after Live webinar session.