Excel Lookup Functions - Part 2 (Advance) | Formulas and Functions
Acclaimed Microsoft Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is the president and owner of Accounting Advisors Inc. based in Atlanta, Georgia. David founded Accounting Advisors in 1991 as a consulting-services business, but in 2009, he began teaching for continuing education providers as well.
There is no webinar video currently available. Please check back soon.
Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, explains helpful ways you can improve the integrity of your spreadsheets using Excel’s lookup functions. While many users rely on VLOOKUP to return data from other locations in a worksheet, that’s not always the most efficient approach. In this comprehensive presentation, David reveals alternatives to VLOOKUP, including the HLOOKUP, INDEX and MATCH, SUMIF, SUMIFS, SUMPRODUCT, IFNA, MAXIFS, and OFFSET functions.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Topics/Areas Typically Covered:
- Restricting users to enter dates within a given range or before/after a given date.
- Learning about the MINIFS function available in certain versions of Excel 2016.
- Using the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
- Discovering the capabilities of the SUMPRODUCT function.
- Saving time when aggregating data from multiple worksheets with Excel’s INDIRECT function.
- Learning how VLOOKUP stops looking after it finds an initial match within a list.
- Seeing how the HLOOKUP function enables you to perform horizontal matches.Using Excel’s OFFSET function to dynamically reference data from one or more accounting periods.
- Learning why the INDEX and MATCH combination often is superior to VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP.
- Learning about the IFNA function available in Excel 2013 and later.
- Seeing how to view two worksheets from within the same workbook at the same time.
- Learning about the MAXIFS function available in certain versions of Excel 2016.
Learning Objectives/Why You Should Attend:
- Apply a variety of lookup functions in order to work more efficiently in Excel.
- Recognize why the INDEX and MATCH combination often is superior to VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP.
- Apply the SUMIF and SUMIFS functions.
What You Get
- Training Materials - Sample Excel workbook, Presentation Slides
- Live Q&A Session with the Speaker
- Participation Certificate
- Earn 100 Loyalty points with every booking. You can redeem one live webinar with 300 loyalty points.
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker
1. For Live webinar attendee, you can find webinar joining details at user dashboard. (Create an account)
2. Live webinar attendees can download the participation certificate & credit points from dashboard after approval.
3. For Web download - You can download recorded video & handouts from user dashboard after Live webinar session.