FMLA step by step checklist and new DOL guide
Melissa Fleischer, Esq, is a sought-after employment law attorney and HR advisor, having utilized her 20 years of law practice experience specializing in employment discrimination litigation to form HR Learning Center LLC, an HR consulting firm that specializes in providing workplace solutions to employers on a wide range of legal and human resource management issues. Ms.
There is no webinar video currently available. Please check back soon.
Recently the DOL issued a new guide on FMLA. This guide reiterates what was previously in the DOL regulations for issues that the DOL does not believe that employers understand.
"Understanding FMLA compliance is essential to help reduce risk and avoid liability." - Melissa Fleischer, Esq.
The FMLA is a complicated and legalistic law that can create many legal pitfalls for HR. Understanding how to ensure compliance with this law from start to finish is an essential step in ensuring compliance. Therefore, this in-depth FMLA Checklist for Compliance with Step-By-Step Procedures is just what every HR Professional needs to best understand their compliance obligations under the FMLA. This is a how-to guide that can be kept by your desk to ensure FMLA compliance by you and your organization. It will cover in-depth the legal requirements set forth in the FMLA with regard to leave of absences and will provide a step-by-step plan of action for those in HR and Benefits Administration when employees are out on a leave of absence to ensure legal compliance. This conference will best ensure FMLA compliance and provide best practices and policies for administering the FMLA in your workplace.
Just a sampling of the many practical tips you’ll take away
• Overview of HR’s responsibilities to ensure compliance with the FMLA
• Methods to ensure employees taking FMLA leave are eligible and are taking leave for an FMLA-qualifying reason
• Checklist and Step-by-Step guide to help ensure FMLA compliance from start to finish
• How to ensure you best understand FMLA legal definitions including the definition of a serious health condition
• Best practices for applying the legal definitions of the FMLA when approving FMLA leave
• Who is a parent, spouse and child under the FMLA?
• Methods for counting the 12-Month Period
• What you can and cannot do with regard to Medical Certifications and requesting recertification
• Understanding FMLA Intermittent and Reduced Schedule Leave
• Your legal obligation to reinstate employee to the same or an equivalent position at end of leave
• Recommendations for how to create a legally compliant FMLA Policy that will best prevent future legal liability
• AND MUCH MORE!!!!
Who will Benefit
• HR Professionals
• Business Owners
• General Counsel
• Benefits Managers