Get Branded: How to Stand Out from the Crowd
With over 25 years of management, business consulting and international experience in the areas of business transformation, talent management and leadership development, Marcia provides strategic focus, alignment and guidance to business leaders and their teams to ensure they get on the right track, stay on the right track and not get side-tracked in their drive for higher performance and profitability.
There is no webinar video currently available. Please check back soon.
Do you have a brand? is it working for you? A personal or career brand conveys your identity, your distinctiveness and your capabilities as a high achieving professional and leader. It communicates the value you offer to present and future employers. A strong brand generates interests, open up doors and builds your reputation. A weak or wrong brand prevents you from achieving your career goals and having the impact you want. To stand out from the crowd, a strong personal brand is critical. Here are four situations you will absolutely need a brand check-up:
1. Craft Your Own Brand: Is it Up-to-Date?
What are your unique strengths or motivated skills? How well do you utilize them? What accomplishments are you most proud of and would create the most value to others? How do you make your brand real, marketable and true to who you are?
2. Leverage Your Brand Internally for Advancement
How do you enhance your brand within your present role? How do you assess the organization culture, the criteria for upward mobility and the right ways to be a rising star? How do you build powerful networks up, sideways and outside to further your career?
3. Jump Start Your Brand in Your New Position
What can you do in the first 100 days in a new position to establish and solidify your brand? How do you quickly flesh out your new role, your new culture, your new boss? What are the strategies for ensuring that your on-boarding is a success?
4. Re-Brand for Career Shifts Internally or Externally
What the most effective strategies for shifting or changing careers? Which shifts are the easiest and which the more difficult? How do you deal with career shifting obstacles? What career management skills are required to successfully shift careers? In taking control of your career, a strong brand becomes critical to differentiate yourself, to enhance your marketability, and most importantly to achieve career success.
This webinar will focus on these seven points:
- Learn 10 quick tips for career branding success
- Determine your current brand and start to shape it going forward
- Use a simple 3 step process to create your personal or career brand
- Build your network and reputation to recognize and value your brand
- Create an action plan to refine, reinvent or strengthen your present brand
- Learn 3 strategies to avoid the pitfalls that can detail your brand and your career
- Rethink, rewire and reinvent who you are and what you bring to the marketplace
Most people forget they really have two jobs. The first is to do what they get paid to do and do it well. The second is to do what’s necessary to ensure their long-term professional or leadership success. Let's admit it - most of us are on cruise control! Then suddenly we realize our brand, and possibly our career, may be in jeopardy. All of a sudden, we're scrambling to do something fast!
Are you someone who thinks personal branding is not for you because it’s all about promoting or tooting your own horn? However, think of it not as self-promotion, but as educating people about who you are and what you have to offer.
Or you say to yourself, branding is for products. You’re not a “brand,” you’re a person, right? You may not like to think of yourself as a “brand,” but you do already have a brand, whether or not you choose to take control of it.
To stay competitive in this very changing workplace, whether you’re a highly talented professional or manager, you need to conduct a personal brand assessment every year, and perhaps even twice a year, no matter how well or how confident you are that things are going according to plan. It is far too easy to put your career and brand on autopilot and then suddenly realize you need to do something.
In this webinar, you will learn the smart moves to develop the right brand, leverage it internally, rebrand it for a career shift, jumpstart it in a new position or shape it going forward.
Who should attend this event?
People from all industries including CEO’s, COO’s, VP of Human Resources, Chief Learning Officer, Directors, Project Managers, Operation Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Human Resources and other Functional Professionals
What You Get
- Training Materials - Sample Excel workbook, Presentation Slides
- Live Q&A Session with the Speaker
- Participation Certificate
- Earn 100 Loyalty points with every booking. You can redeem one live webinar with 300 loyalty points.
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker
1. For Live webinar attendee, you can find webinar joining details at user dashboard. (Create an account)
2. Live webinar attendees can download the participation certificate & credit points from dashboard after approval.
3. For Web download - You can download recorded video & handouts from user dashboard after Live webinar session.