Handling Employee Leaves of Absences
There are close to a dozen different types of medical leave, between statutory and non-statutory types of leave. Understanding and applying them correctly can be a big challenge. It is extremely easy for even the most meticulous employer to get lost in all the definitions, details, and purposes behind various leaves. An employer may be complying with one law just to learn that its actions violated another law. Various laws such as the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act may have similar purposes but very different requirements. Combining this with local laws such as workers’ compensation makes the employer’s task difficult. And, determining when you can terminate for an employee’s use of excessive leave can be near impossible!
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
You should attend this webinar if you want to know about the different types of laws and the regulations surrounding employee leaves. The webinar also discusses how to prevent abuse of leaves by employees and manage leaves properly in the organization.
- Federal and state laws as they apply to leave:
- Employee eligibility under the FMLA
- Meaning of serious health condition under the FMLA
- Using physician certifications
- Meaning of disability under the ADA
- The interactive process under the ADA
- What is a reasonable accommodation
- How the FMLA and the ADA interact and differ
- Getting the medical information you need
- Interaction between the FMLA, ADA and workers’ compensation
- Military leave
- Terminating employees after exhaustion of leave
- Best Practices - Policies
- Best Practices - Procedures
Learning how various leave laws interact with one another. Learning how to avoid a nasty wrongful termination suit when terminating an employee for excessive leave or abuse of leave.
Who Will Benefit
- HR Professionals
- Payroll Professionals
- Office Manager’s
- Accounting Professionals
What You Get
- Training Materials
- Live Q&A Session with the Speaker
- Participation Certificate
- Earn 100 Loyalty points with every booking. You can redeem one live webinar with 300 loyalty points.
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker
- For Live webinar attendee, you can find webinar joining details at user dashboard. (Create an account)
- Live webinar attendees can download the participation certificate & credit points from dashboard after approval.
- For Web download - You can download recorded video & handouts from user dashboard after Live webinar session.