Introduction to Contract Law : What Every Financial officer should know about
James Ottavio Castagnera, J.D., Ph.D., has spent nearly 30 years practicing, writing about, and teaching law. He has been a faculty member at several institutions and a communication director at an R1 university, and is currently a key administrator at Rider University.
The purpose of this webinar training is to provide an overview of the basic principles of contract law. What Every Financial officer should know about.
The financial officer is often the company's only defense against what can potentially turn out to be crippling contract errors and omissions. This is particularly true in organizations with small or no in-house legal staff. In such situations, in addition to the many “hats” they already wear, the financial officer may also be required to function as in-house counsel.
Starting with a few fundamental concepts – offer, acceptance, consideration – the webinar moves quickly to more sophisticated contract elements, such as warranties and indemnifications. Of high utility to many participants will be a focus on when a contract has been fully formed. This emphasis goes to the common concern of many financial officers with the timely –but not premature –authorization of commissions, progress payments, installment fees, and other obligations contingent upon complex terms and conditions. Ultimately the success of the business may depend on the financial officer’s understanding of contract law and how it applies to the organization’s day-to-day dealings.
Please join Dr. James Castagnera, attorney at law, as he discusses the kinds of legal issues that regularly challenge financial officers and offers guidance for avoiding such problems and how to deal with them when they arise
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
• Review the basic elements of every contract
• Boilerplate: what it is and why it's important
• The critical import of indemnification, insurance, and warranty clauses
• How to handle a preprinted form that introduces unanticipated terms
• When a sales or licensing agreement is sufficiently secure to support release of the sales rep's commission
• Whether alternative dispute resolution – mediation, arbitration – is a desirable feature
• Tactics for termination and renegotiation
• AND MUCH MORE!
What You Get
• Training Materials
• Live Q&A Session with the Speaker
• Participation Certificate
• Earn 100 Loyalty points with every booking. You can redeem one live webinar with 300 loyalty points.
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker
1. For Live webinar attendee, you can find webinar joining details at user dashboard. (Create an account)
2. Live webinar attendees can download the participation certificate & credit points from dashboard after approval.
3. For Web download - You can download recorded video & handouts from user dashboard after Live webinar session.