Understanding Verification Requirements for the LIHTC Program
Paul has been involved in the real estate industry for the past 38 years. After college graduation was in law enforcement for 4 years. From that point on, he has been involved in sales, construction, project management, appraisal, mortgage consulting and brokerage, property management and property management consulting/training.
There is no webinar video currently available. Please check back soon.
Low Income Housing Tax Credit professionals often misunderstand verification requirements: Many believe that third-party verification is a federal requirement or that LIHTC properties must follow HUD’s verification requirements, including HUD’s definition of “third-party” verification.
Income verification for the LIHTC program isn't what it used to be. Once a simple matter of following the guidance found in HUD Handbook 4350.3 REV-1, Change 4 and the revision to HUD's definition of third-party verification have sparked loud debate within the LIHTC community over what now constitutes sufficient income verification. Some states, for example, allow pay stubs to be used as verification of income for applicants and tenants at LIHTC properties, while others do not.
This webinar will make clear what eligibility requirements and eligibility recommendations are.
Speaker Paul Flogstad, will delve deep into the regulations and uncover what is truly required when it comes to verifying income and other tenant eligibility requirements for the LIHTC program.
- Recognize the IRS’ verification requirements for an LIHTC program.
- Identify the areas where stricter requirements may be needed to demonstrate due diligence and comply with state agency requirements.
- Receive valuable tips and tools to help owner/agents accurately verify household eligibility and combat tenant fraud.
- Deciphering LIHTC
- Distinguishing between sources of guidance
- Analyzing IRS Forms 8609, 8823 and the multiple building election
- Going through blended LIHTC management
- Acquisition/rehabs using LIHTC
- Basic program mechanics for LIHTC with HUD P/B, HOME and/or RD
- Reviewing LIHTC planning and vigilance
- Year 15 planning
- Identifying the top 5 noncompliance issues
Who Should Attend
- Property managers
- Property owners
- Maintenance staff
- Leasing consultants
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker
- For Live webinar attendee, you can find webinar joining details at user dashboard. (Create an account)
- Live webinar attendees can download the participation certificate & credit points from dashboard after approval.
- For Web download - You can download recorded video & handouts from user dashboard after Live webinar session.