USCIS Revised Form I-9 -September 18th 2017: Everything you need to know
Dayna is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During her tenure at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association.
There is no webinar video currently available. Please check back soon.
Get Details of all the Changes to the Form I-9 and Tips and Resource Materials for those who complete it
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) On July 17, 2017, announced the release of a revised version of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
The Office of the Chief Administrative Hearing Officer (“OCAHO”), which is the administrative law court that handles Form I-9 litigation, has held that an employer is obligated to provide proper Form I-9 training to the people who complete the Form I-9 on its behalf. Because fines for a mistake in a Form I-9 can be as high as $2,156 per Form I-9, an employer subject to a Form I-9 audit can be looking at fines in the tens, and, sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars. The first step an employer can take to avoid these fines is to make certain that every person who completes a Form I-9 has received comprehensive training on how to properly complete the Form I-9. With a new version of the Form I-9 being released, every employee who completes the Form I-9 needs to obtain updated training.
This webinar by expert speaker Dayna Reum will provide that detailed, comprehensive training.
Detailed training as to how to properly complete each section of the new Form I-9 as well as a review of the requirements for accepting documents as part of the Form I-9 process. The webinar will look in detail at all of the changes to the Form I-9 and provide tips and resource materials for those who complete the Form I-9. We will also review documents that can be accepted as part of the Form I-9 process and the rules related to acceptance of documents. We will discuss how to properly make corrections to the Form I-9.
We strongly recommend that anyone who is responsible for handling the Form I-9 receive proper training.
• Do you know the revised version may be used immediately, but it must be used no later than September 18, 2017?
• Employers can continue using Form I-9 with a revision date of 11/14/16 N through September 17, 2017.
• Employers must continue following existing storage and retention rules for any previously completed Form I-9.
• The name of the Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices (OSC) has been changed. Its new name is Immigrant and Employee Rights Section (IER).
• The instructions on Section 2 have been slightly changed to read: “Employers or their authorized representative must complete and sign Section 2 within 3 business days of the employee’s first day of employment.”
• Many More…
This webinar is designed to help keep you up to date on I-9 compliance and give tools on how to keep up with current I-9 requirements and changes. These are all valuable compliance tools and tips that this webinar will provide so you can be confident when you get an audit. A review of the recently released changes and the new form will be reviewed. After this webinar, you will be ready to implement using the new form by the end of September 18th 2017.
• Be up to date on I-9 compliance
• Tools on how to keep up with current I-9 requirements and changes
• Learn to complete new form I-9 for September 18th, 2017
• Learn the features of the Form I-9
• Get step-by-step instructions on completing Form I-9
• Learn Form I-9 retention and storage
• Learn Form I-9 best practices
• Learn Form I-9 and E-Verify
Why Should You book
This webinar is designed to help keep you up to date on I-9 compliance and give tools on how to keep up with current I-9 requirements and changes. These are all of the valuable compliance tools and tips that this webinar will provide so you can be confident when you get an audit.
Who will benefit
• Payroll Professionals
• Accounting Professionals
• HR Professionals
• Tax Professionals
• Corporate Counsel
• Hiring/Recruitment Personnel