Work Visa and how the 2017 changes impact employers
Dayna is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During her tenure at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association.
There is no webinar video currently available. Please check back soon.
As a payroll professional we are being asked by our business partners to expand our knowledge past the US. Companies are going more and more global each day and as payroll professionals we need to be ready for the challenge. This webinar will give you the tools and best practices to understand how we handle employee that are in a non-immigration visa status.
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service has made several updates in regards to International work visa’s and how employers handle them. From The form I-9 and E-verify to Employment eligibility. This webinar will give the participant all the recent updates that went into effect as of January of 2017 and how to implement those changes. The difference between employment concerns and payroll taxation will be reviewed
This webinar will give the participant everything they need to know to make sure to be compliant and how to properly handle an employee that is on a International work/student visa.
This session by expert speaker Dayna J Reum, CPP, FPC covers all aspects of the visa process and teaches HR and payroll professions how they can file a petition and apply for a work visa at the Embassy or Consulate. It delves into the nitty-gritty of the various types of visa and which one is applicable to whom. Dayna will speak in detail about the application process and the documents needed to present a strong case. The webinar goes on to talk about the various taxation issues associated with each type of visas and how employers and company professionals can stay out of the legal hot water.
After attending this webinar, you’ll be able to:
• • Understanding Immigrant Visa’s
• • I-94 Cards
• • Types of Non-Work Visa
• • Types of Work Visa
• • USCIS Updates to Visa’s in 2017
• • Types of Student Visa
• • Taxation Policies
• • Non-Resident Alien Taxation
• • Resident Alien Taxation
• • Why it is critical for HR and payroll to work together on anyone being hired that is on a visa status.
• • Understanding the visa process from how companies obtain a visa for a potential employee to how to handle employees already on visas when being hired.
• • Understanding student visa and how to tax employees.
• • Discussions on what is an I-94 card and how important is that in relation to the visa
• • Details of different types of work visas such as L-1, E, O, H-1, TN/NAFTA
• • Details of different types of student visas such as F-1 & J-1
• • Taxation issues and concerns with each type of visa
• • And lot more!!
Who Should Book
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to payroll and HR professions who are involved with immigration and visa processes:
• • Payroll Professionals
• • Hiring officers/Recruitment/HR Professionals
• • Compensation and Benefits Executive
• • Taxation Professionals
• • Finance Professionals
• • AP Professionals
• • Accounting Personnel
• • Business Owners
• • Lawmakers
• • Attorneys