William A. Levinson
William A. Levinson
William A. Levinson, P.E., is the principal of Levinson Productivity Systems, P.C. He is an ASQ Fellow, Certified Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, Quality Manager, Reliability Engineer, and Six Sigma Black Belt. He holds degrees in chemistry and chemical engineering from Penn State and Cornell Universities, and night school degrees in business administration and applied statistics from Union College, and he has given presentations at the ASQ World Conference, TOC World 2004, and other national conferences on productivity and quality.
Levinson is also the author of several books on quality, productivity, and management. Henry Ford's Lean Vision is a comprehensive overview of the lean manufacturing and organizational management methods that Ford employed to achieve unprecedented bottom line results, and Beyond the Theory of Constraints describes how Ford's elimination of variation from material transfer and processing times allowed him to come close to running a balanced factory at full capacity. Statistical Process Control for Real-World Applications shows what to do when the process doesn't conform to the traditional bell curve assumption.
President, Levinson Productivity Systems, P.C. Wilkes-Barre PA US
- B.S. Pennsylvania State University
- M.Eng. Cornell University
- MBA Union College (night school)
- M.S. in Operations Research and Applied Statistics (Union College, night school)
- My Life and Work (2nd edition) by Henry Ford and Samuel Crowther, edited by William A. Levinson (available 2013)
- Lean Management System LMS:2012: A Framework for Continual Lean Improvement (August 2012, CRC Press)
- Statistical Process Control for Real-World Applications (2011, CRC Press)
- Beyond the Theory of Constraints: How to Minimize Variation and Maximize Capacity. (2007, Taylor and Francis) (Amazon.com)
- Henry Ford's Lean Vision: Enduring Principles from the First Ford Motor Plant (2002, Taylor and Francis) (corrected index)
- PowerPoint training packages include the license for single-computer use plus unlimited hard copy note handouts. SPC, Design of Experiments, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, ISO 9001.
- SPC Simulator; teach your employees basic concepts of variation and accuracy in less than half an hour!