Creating & Using Pivot Tables in Excel
Mike Thomas has 27 years experience in corporate IT training, working with and for organizations across a diverse range of industries including pharmaceutical, healthcare, legal, retail and public sector. He designs and delivers face-to-face, virtual, written and video-based training and provides IT support to users. Mike’s key technical skills include Microsoft Office, Lync, SharePoint, VBA development and database development.
There is no webinar video currently available. Please check back soon.
Pivot Tables are one of the most powerful tools in Excel’s data analysis armoury. With just a few clicks of the mouse (and no complicated formulas!) you can quickly and easily build reports and charts that summarise and analyse large amounts of raw data and help you to spot trends and get answers to the important questions on which you base your key business decisions.
In this session, you’ll learn how to create a pivot table report in just 6 clicks! You’ll learn how change the layout and appearance of the report to make it inviting to read. You’ll learn how to display data in different ways, for example, sales grouped by month or top 10 customers. And finally, you’ll learn how to display the pivot table data as a chart/graph.
Why you should attend
Learning how to create Pivot Tables is one of the must have skills for anyone who needs to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries. This webinar will provide you with a solid foundation that you can use to build your own pivot tables and reports.
The sample Excel files used in the webinar will be made available to all attendees along with a comprehensive Pivot Table resources document.
- The correct way to set up your source data
- Create a pivot table report in 6 clicks
- Make a pivot table report visually appealing
- Change the sort order of the data in a pivot table report
- Apply filters to the pivot table report
- Add grouping to a pivot table report
- Update a pivot table when the source data changes
- Represent the pivot table data as a chart/graph
Who should attend / Level
You should attend this webinar if you need to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries or if you simply want to learn how to create Pivot Tables to improve your knowledge of Excel.
You don’t have to be proficient in the use of Excel to attend. As long as you can create basic worksheets, understand simple formulas and can copy and paste and apply basic formatting to cells, you’ll be able to follow along.
The training will be delivered using Excel 2016 for Windows. However, much of the functionality is available in Excel 2013 and 2010 and 2016 for Mac.
- Webinar presentation
- Sample excel workbook files
- Step by step guide
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker
1. For Live webinar attendee, you can find webinar joining details at user dashboard. (Create an account)
2. Live webinar attendees can download the participation certificate & credit points from dashboard after approval.
3. For Web download - You can download recorded video & handouts from user dashboard after Live webinar session.