Cyber-Ethics: The Biggest Risk in Corporate America Today
James Ottavio Castagnera, J.D., Ph.D., has spent nearly 30 years practicing, writing about, and teaching law. He has been a faculty member at several institutions and a communication director at an R1 university, and is currently a key administrator at Rider University.
There is no webinar video currently available. Please check back soon.
2018 has been the year of the cyber-scandal. From social media controversies to intellectual property theft, as well as countless digital campaigns against corporations and individuals, a plethora of prominent stories have been in the news and they are only the tip of the Internet iceberg in terms of the number of lurking issues out there in cyberspace. Employee online etiquette, pressing privacy concerns, protecting intellectual property, and developing a plan to respond to data thefts are just a few of the numerous areas in which cyber-ethics overlaps with cyber security and Internet law in important, yet complicated, ways. Having the right policies and procedures in place can advance your organization’s strategic goals while guarding against defamation lawsuits and cyber-crimes.
Please join Dr. James Castagnera as he helps you navigate the ethical and legal issues that arise in cyberspace, helping you balance the organization’s rights and goals against those of your employees and other affected individuals.
This webinar will focus on these important points:
- The major cyber-ethics “rules of road” as articulated by the leading professional organization in the IT industry
- How to develop a computer-users’ rights-and-responsibilities policy for your organization
- How intellectual property law interfaces with cyber ethics
- How to develop and implement a robust social network while ensuring your and your employees’ privacy
- Managing the tug of war between monitoring of employees’ online activities while respecting their civil liberties
- Balancing employees’ social-media speech rights with appropriate discipline for disparaging tweets, texts and posts
- How to prevent and respond to cyber harassment and cyber bullying, whether by or directed at your employees
- How to rapidly respond to data thefts by departing employees and data breaches by outside actors
- AND MUCH MORE!
Your Conference Leader
Your conference leader for “Cyber-Ethics: The Biggest Risk in Corporate America Today” is Dr. James Castagnera, Esq. Dr. Castagnera holds a JD and a PhD from Case Western Reserve University. He was a labor/employment and IP lawyer with a major Philadelphia law firm for a decade before becoming legal counsel at a New Jersey university. For the past 22 years in that capacity, his duties have included drafting, reviewing and enforcing labor and employment contracts; internship, affiliation and student-exchange agreements; government grants and contracts, and international memorandums of understanding. He also is an adjunct professor of law in the Drexel University School of Law, and the principal consultant/co-owner of Holland Media Services, LLC. He has published 21 books, most recently Riding the Fifth Wave in Higher Education: A Survival Guide for the New Normal(NY: Peter Lang 2017).
Who should attend this event?
People from all industries including CEO’s, COO’s, VP of Human Resources, Chief Learning Officer, Directors, Project Managers, Operation Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Human Resources and other Functional Professionals, General counsel, corporate counsel, in-house counsel, IP attorneys, technology attorneys, privacy attorneys
What You Get
- Training Materials - Sample Excel workbook, Presentation Slides
- Live Q&A Session with the Speaker
- Participation Certificate
- Earn 100 Loyalty points with every booking. You can redeem one live webinar with 300 loyalty points.
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker
1. For Live webinar attendee, you can find webinar joining details at user dashboard. (Create an account)
2. Live webinar attendees can download the participation certificate & credit points from dashboard after approval.
3. For Web download - You can download recorded video & handouts from user dashboard after Live webinar session.