Excel Explained: Learn the Basics of Working with Excel Spreadsheets
Acclaimed Microsoft Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is the president and owner of Accounting Advisors Inc. based in Atlanta, Georgia. David founded Accounting Advisors in 1991 as a consulting-services business, but in 2009, he began teaching for continuing education providers as well.
There is no webinar video currently available. Please check back soon.
Overview: Introduction To Spreadsheets
This presentation is designed for those who haven’t worked with Excel spreadsheets before or who haven’t used them in a few years. Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, walks you through the basics of Excel spreadsheets, providing the knowledge needed to create functional spreadsheets and manipulate large lists of data.
During the webcast, David presents an overview of the different types of files you can create; explains Excel’s rows and columns grid; demonstrates how to remove duplicates from a list; shares keyboard shortcuts that simplify repetitive tasks; shows you how to use free, prebuilt Excel templates to get a jump start on your spreadsheet projects—and much more.
Topics/Areas Typically Covered:
- Eliminating duplicates from a list with just a few mouse clicks.
- Getting control of long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting.
- Discovering the Recommended PivotTables feature.
- Exploring the Recommended Charts feature in Excel 2013 and later.
- Using a keyboard shortcut so you’ll never have to manually type $ signs in a formula again.
- Getting oriented with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.
- Navigating large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu as well as keyboard shortcuts.
- Getting an overview of the different types of files you can create in Excel.
- Managing column widths within your spreadsheets.
- Understanding how to enter dates in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Bringing Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules.
- Learning the nuances of copying formulas within Excel spreadsheets.
Learning Objectives/Why You Should Attend:
- Identify how to skip confusing menus by way of time-saving mouse tricks and keyboard shortcuts.
- Apply the structural basics of Excel worksheets and workbooks.
- List basic data-analysis techniques.
What You Get
- Training Materials
- Live Q&A Session with the Speaker
- Participation Certificate
- Earn 100 Loyalty points with every booking. You can redeem one live webinar with 300 loyalty points.
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker
- For Live webinar attendee, you can find webinar joining details at user dashboard. (Create an account)
- Live webinar attendees can download the participation certificate & credit points from dashboard after approval.
- For Web download - You can download recorded video & handouts from user dashboard after Live webinar session.