Excel Lookup Functions - Part 1 (Basic) | Formulas and Functions
Acclaimed Microsoft Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is the president and owner of Accounting Advisors Inc. based in Atlanta, Georgia. David founded Accounting Advisors in 1991 as a consulting-services business, but in 2009, he began teaching for continuing education providers as well.
There is no webinar video currently available. Please check back soon.
In this informative session, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, introduces several lookup functions, including VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH, and CHOOSE. These powerful Excel functions allow you to rapidly develop accurate spreadsheets and look up information, such as pay rates, item prices, and accounting results, versus manually linking to specific cells. David explains the context of when to use lookup functions, demonstrates troubleshooting techniques, and prepares you to deal with subtle issues that can prevent them from working properly.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Topics/Areas Typically Covered:
- Making VLOOKUP look up data from the left by using the CHOOSE function.
- Learning about the MINIFS function available in certain versions of Excel 2016.
- Discovering how to use wildcards and multiple criteria within lookup formulas.
- Seeing what types of user actions can trigger #REF! errors.
- Learning about the IFNA function available in Excel 2013 and later.
- Using the IFERROR function to display something other than an #N/A error value when VLOOKUP can’t find a match.
- Avoiding the complexity of nested IF statements with Excel’s CHOOSE function.
- Learning about the MAXIFS function available in certain versions of Excel 2016.
- Performing dual lookups, which allow you to look across columns and down rows to cross-reference the data you need.
- Seeing how the HLOOKUP function enables you to perform horizontal matches.
- Comparing the MIN, SMALL, MAX, and LARGE functions.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
Learning Objectives/Why You Should Attend:
- Apply the VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions.
- Define how to improve spreadsheet integrity with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Recall how to use the MATCH worksheet function to identify differences between two lists.
What You Get
- Training Materials - Sample Excel workbook, Presentation Slides
- Live Q&A Session with the Speaker
- Participation Certificate
- Earn 100 Loyalty points with every booking. You can redeem one live webinar with 300 loyalty points.
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker
1. For Live webinar attendee, you can find webinar joining details at user dashboard. (Create an account)
2. Live webinar attendees can download the participation certificate & credit points from dashboard after approval.
3. For Web download - You can download recorded video & handouts from user dashboard after Live webinar session.