How to Write a Standard Operating Procedures - SOP
Philip Vassallo, Ed.D has designed, delivered, and supervised communication training programs for over 25,000 executive, managerial, administrative and technical professionals in major multinational organizations for more than 30 years. He is the author of the books How to Write Fast Under Pressure, The Art of E-Mail Writing, and The Art of On-the-Job Writing.
Standard operating procedures - SOP play a key role in business performance and quality assurance. In this webinar you will learn how to write perfect SOP.
While most employees understand the value of running profit-driven businesses, fewer realize that a process-driven culture consistently achieves indispensable benefits, including:
• Establishing a reliable framework for detecting errors before they cause enormous financial impacts and potentially devastating effects to the company’s reputation
• Ensuring employees operate within a reliable system that keeps them safe while working effectively and efficiently
• Instilling in their customers a deep sense of trust that they are buying products and services from a high-quality company
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) lie at the center of creating and maintaining ethics-focused, safety-conscious, law-abiding, high-performance organizations. SOPs are necessary in every corner of a business:
• Compliance, to ensure due diligence in conforming with legal and safety requirements, including ISO standards
• Research & Development, to administer efficacious research models and to confirm the accuracy of testing results
• Purchasing, to detail critical steps for ethical, cost-effective procurement of equipment and materials
• Operations & Production, to facilitate a safety-first, quality-conscious mindset among line workers and supervisors
• Shipping, to meet environmental and transportation laws and to control shipping costs
• Information Technology, to deliver excellent system security, efficient companywide operations, and comprehensive disaster recovery
• Marketing and Forecasting, to communicate reliable market information and render realistic short- and long-term forecasts
• Sales, to provide useful lead generation, engaging sales presentations, and mutually beneficial contract management
• Finance and Budgeting, to explain the processes for handling financial transactions and reporting to management about the company’s fiscal health
• Human Resources, to list instructions for recruiting, hiring, and firing staff; training employees in performing their job effectively, providing employee benefits; and administering timely and accurate payroll
• Senior Management, to create, disseminate, and execute the company’s mission, goals, and strategic plan
Perfecting Standard Operating Procedures provides a framework for planning, drafting, and revising policies and procedures to ensure compliance with safety and operational best practices. During this webinar, you will learn practical tips for preparing and presenting detailed instructions completely, clearly, and concisely. Examples from diverse industries will ensure that you can apply what you have learned to any job that requires standard operating procedures in complex, policy-laden environments. You will emerge from this webinar as a thought leader for your organization in establishing and sustaining an effective operational culture.
Who Should Attend
• Compliance Managers
• Quality Assurance Specialists
• Technical Writers
• Procedural Writers
• Specifications Writers
• Technical Users
• Business Analysts
What You’ll Learn
This webinar includes the following learning points:
• Establish a scope and list of elements to include in a procedure.
• Create a sequence that readers can immediately understand.
• Use visual aids that highlight the key points.
• Edit instructions precisely to ensure proper task completion.
What You’ll Get
• Training materials
• Live Q&A session with the speaker
• Participation certificate
• 100 loyalty points with each booking. Get one live webinar with 300 loyalty points!
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker
1. For Live webinar attendee, you can find webinar joining details at user dashboard. (Create an account)
2. Live webinar attendees can download the participation certificate & credit points from dashboard after approval.
3. For Web download - You can download recorded video & handouts from user dashboard after Live webinar session.