Master the art of writing audit report
Philip Vassallo, Ed.D has designed, delivered, and supervised communication training programs for over 25,000 executive, managerial, administrative and technical professionals in major multinational organizations for more than 30 years. He is the author of the books How to Write Fast Under Pressure, The Art of E-Mail Writing, and The Art of On-the-Job Writing.
How to write an audit report? This training is designed to help delegates to develop skills and understanding the key elements of an effective audit report writing.
The Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors holds the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and competency as the cornerstones of credible internal audits. Auditors can find abundant resources to ensure that their audit process meets those standards consistent with regulatory requirements and that they represent the auditee’s best interests. However, certifying compliance does not occur merely at the point of observation but in the writing that emerges from it. Numerous challenges lie ahead for auditors when composing an audit report. They want to ensure that they clearly articulate a comprehensive review process, valid and reliable criteria, conditions logically linked to causes, relevant and risks, and beneficial recommendations—all with an objective style.
The art of audit report writing demands far more than simply listing the four elements of a finding—criteria, condition, cause, and effect. (Even adding the fifth element, the recommendation, may be insufficient.) This boilerplate approach to writing can threaten independent, critical thinking and undermine the entire audit process, ultimately tarnishing the credibility of the auditor. Skilled auditors require a method that aligns what they experienced during the reviewing process with what they compose during the writing process.
How to write an audit report?, a highly specialized webinar offers a deep and useful toolbox of techniques that auditors can use when noting audit observations, drafting objective workpapers, and composing well-structured, detailed, and fluent audit reports. The program begins with a case study to illustrate each element of an audit checklist with a close focus on objective reporting. It then uncovers problems of ensuring validity and reliability of findings and determining root cause. The webinar then drills down to a deeper level to organize audit content based on time-tested principles of structure. The rest of the session covers the two pillars of writing style: syntax (word order) and diction (word choice)—each of which poses numerous pitfalls that can compromise the integrity and objectivity of an audit report. Reviewing understandable, pertinent examples from various auditing disciplines, you will learn how to remedy the greatest roadblocks to clear thinking through writing and cultivate a convincing, authoritative style. You will leave this webinar with excellent resources that you can continually turn to during intense, complex audit engagements.
Who Should Attend
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to:
• Cost auditors
• External auditors
• Forensic auditors
• Internal auditors
• Consultant auditors
What You’ll Learn
This webinar includes the following learning points:
• Determining factors affecting the validity and reliability of a finding
• Assessing the appropriate level of detail
• Creating a department-specific template to facilitate the writing process
• Drafting workpapers based on objective observations
• Employing formatting devices to improve the visual appeal of an audit report
• Choosing fluent sentence structure to illuminate ideas
• Developing a precise, clear, concise vocabulary for documenting audit reports
What You’ll Get
• Training materials
• Live Q&A session with the speaker
• Participation certificate
• 100 loyalty points with each booking. Get one live webinar with 300 loyalty points!
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker
1. For Live webinar attendee, you can find webinar joining details at user dashboard. (Create an account)
2. Live webinar attendees can download the participation certificate & credit points from dashboard after approval.
3. For Web download - You can download recorded video & handouts from user dashboard after Live webinar session.